Architect: William Van Alen.
Style: Classical Revival, Chicago School
Originally the Fuller Building
Flatiron Building is a National Historic Landmark since 1989
The surrounding area is called the Flatiron District
Flatiron District in history:
- 212 5th Avenue: 1899: opening of restaurant Delmonico’ (move to 44th Street)
- Originally the site of the St. Germaine Hotel, then Fifth Avenue Hotel)